I have arrived in Israel for my 35th visit. This journey will begin as a CCAR rabbis' mission dealing with issues of social justice. There will also be a followup of offering some solidarity to those who were most affected by the bombing before the war in November.
Before I left, at last Friday's Shabbat service at Temple Sinai a man came to me to wish me a safe trip. He then said something to the effect that he thought Israel was a place that was very dangerous to visit. My response was that I really feel safer in Israel than in many other places in Rochester and the US. In fact since the cease fire with Gaza back in November there has been a tentative peaceful situation that hopefully will continue.
On Tuesday the elections will be held and for the next two days there will be a limit on political advertising. I hope being here will provide a deeper perspective into what has occurred. This should be a very interesting time.
No comments:
Post a Comment